The Transition from QlikView to Qlik Sense
BI tools are the new source for proficient data storage and transport. Power BI, Tableau, etc., are some of the renowned BI tools that any firm would like to use. Apart from these, one can also use QlikView and Qlik Sense to deliver the same efficient data-related activities. In short, use BI tools to handle large amounts of data in a short period.
Qlik Sense and QlikView are produced by the ‘Qlik software company which has been simplifying activities like conversational analytics and integration of data. If you are working in an organization that uses Qlik products, you’ll know that Qlik makes it easy to associate, search and analyze data to increase deep business insights. You might not know the difference between Qlik’s two main products: QlikView and Qlik Sense even if you’ve used the products before. These products share a common platform that supports all business intelligence needs.
let’s discuss the overview of these two terms.
What is QlikView?
QlikView is extensively used to provide analytical solutions, data visualization, and insights for business growth and supervision. It is also used to create models, applications, and dashboards for data analytics and understanding data trends. QlikView is termed as the 1st generation BI tool because it has promoted the use of BI applications before any of the top-hand companies did.
What is Qlik Sense?
Qlik Sense is the next version of QlikView launched in 2014, with some innovative and advanced features. Qlik Sense is an application released by QlikTech, which is exclusively used to analyze and visualize data. Qlik Sense helps build interactive dashboards and reports and obtain data from various data sources. This is a user-friendly tool that serves as an analytics platform for technical as well as non-technical developers. It has improved graphics that help in the effective visualization of data.
Difference between QlikView and Qlik Sense:
There are many similarities and differences between QlikView and Qlik Sense, according to the particular business and needs, with their unique purposes. The key difference between both them are mentioned below-
- QlikView is an in-the-box application development platform. Ideally, it’s for businesses that want ready-to-use business applications. With the data models, layouts, and charts included, you can easily explore data, navigate information, and drill down to specific details.
- Qlik Sense is a self-service data innovation tool for designing your visualizations and applications. It’s easy to create visualizations with Qlik Sense’s build-and-use approach, which extends your analytical capabilities. This way, you can be an active, engaged user without being restricted to pre-made charts.
- QlikView is based on guided analytics. QlikView document developers create applications and deliver the application to analysts. A data analyst has complete freedom to explore, select, and drill down on any data set. However, they cannot create new visualizations.
- Qlik Senseoffers modern analytic solutions. Analyzers have the freedom to create their apps, visualizations, and bookmarks. Developing Qlik Sense apps is less complex in the beginning since no scripts are needed to meet all users’ requirements.
- The loading of data in QlikView is slower than that in Qlik Sense.
- There is a need for organizations to hire specially trained QlikView developers if they are planning to use QlikView. With Qlik Sense, there is no requirement for technical training and skill, whereas with Qlik Sense embedded analytics are more user-friendly.
- The licensing and purchasing process is a little more complicated for QlikView than it is for Qlik Sense.
- The only language supported by QlikView is English, while Qlik Sense supports English, Chinese, Japanese and German.
- In QlikView, customers are primarily from small, moderate, and large industries, whereas, in Qlik Sense, customers are mostly small and moderate.
- Developers have greater and better control over the design and control of applications with QlikView, so objects are more customizable. Compared to Qlik Sense, the user is not given many options when it comes to customization and development. It is rather user-friendly and easy to operate.
Even with their differences, QlikView and Qlik Sense share the same core capabilities and leverage the same information. They Both use the same underlying data models and provide interactive, immersive discovery experiences to help you get the most out of your data.
Why should Migrate from QlikView to Qlik Sense?
Qlik Sense is a modern analytics solution for all types of businesses. You can make better-informed decisions faster with it because it simplifies things for your employees and helps you attract talented new analysts. Qlik Sense will help you take advantage of the modern analytics era to its full potential.
The Qlik Analytics Modernization Program allows you to access both QlikView and Qlik Sense, so you don’t have to choose between them. You can reduce infrastructure and access both solutions side by side through a single hub by deploying Qlik Sense on a SaaS platform with unified licensing. You can take advantage of all Qlik Sense has to offer and expand your business’s BI potential at the same time.
Qlik Sense provides great visuals and self-service, and it’s much simpler to get started experiencing those benefits than you may expect. The best part is that you don’t even have to leave your QlikView solution behind.
Ways to Migrate with Minimal Interruption to Your Business:
It is important to have a plan for migrating successfully and to ensure the most effective implementation of your new environment.
Plan the Future State
For successful ROI, it is essential to understand the business needs that led to this migration. As with any tool, there are strengths and weaknesses, so it is important to take advantage of these strengths when implementing a new environment.
Analyze Existing Situation
Ensure you review the code to bring in data from your source system if there is a lack of trust in your data. The migration will not achieve its goals and you’ll see low adoption If the business does not trust the analytics.
Document the Data Movement
Documenting your data is important from its origination to its destination. It will provide you with insights into what data is available, how it will be used, and who will be responsible for its governance. Work can be completed more efficiently and there will be no conflicts if this process is documented and roles and responsibilities are clarified.
Confirmation of Concept
A plan must be able to be adjusted according to reality, rather than your initial assumptions. By doing this, you can identify potential problems in your plan and develop contingency plans to address them.
While QlikView and Qlik Sense differs in their capabilities, many organizations use both because of the similarities in their information, data models, discovery capabilities, support systems, and core functionality. This will help them gain the maximum value from the data. Essentially, Qlik Sense and QlikView are two software applications you can use to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of your data-related work.
There are a lot of benefits of using Qlik Sense, which includes good visuals and self-service, and the good thing is starting to experience those benefits is much easier than you might expect. In fact, there is no need to leave behind your QlikView solution at all. From the above description, you can see that both technologies have distinct strengths and weaknesses, so it is entirely dependent on the requirements you have.